This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website kirkleeslocaltv.com (“our website”). This Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our website.
Kirkleeslocaltv.com is a site operated by Kirklees Local TV Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 7584083 and we have our registered office at Tax Assist Accountant, 3 Queen Street, Mirfield, WF14 8AH. Our main trading address is c/o The Media Centre, 7 Northumberland Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1RL.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material, which does not comply with our Content Standards [FOR DETAILS EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org CONTENT STANDARDS].
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
· any part of our website;
· any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
· Social Media sites (including but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest).
Where we do provide any Interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material, which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material, which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
· Promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
7 hours ago
For Holocaust Memorial Day this year, KLTV, in collaboration with Faith PR, the Holocaust Survivors’ Friendship Association (HSFA), and the University of Huddersfield, spoke to Author and Holocaust Survivor Iby Knill.
Iby Shared with us the importance of the education and remembrance of those events over 75 years ago. We also take a look at the new Exhibition at 'Through Our Eyes' from the HSFA, now open at the University of Huddersfield.
A special thanks to Iby Knill and the HSFA, as well as Faith PR and the University of Huddersfield.
Learn more about Iby and her story here: ibyknill.co.uk/index/
For more information about the "Through Our Eyes' exhibition visit: holocaustlearning.org.uk/visit-us/
Holocaust Memorial Day Trust Heritage Quay: University of Huddersfield Archives Holocaust Exhibition & Learning Centre Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust AJR - The Association of Jewish Refugees National Lottery Heritage Fund ... See MoreSee Less
8 hours ago
A pinnacle institution within Kirklees’ arts realm, Musica Kirklees has been at the forefront of building a musical blueprint within the area for the past 28 years. KLTV’s Dan Antunes sat down with Ceo and Principal, Tom Meredith, to discuss the future of the organisation, it’s role in nurturing young talent and how it plans to move with contemporary tastes as well as much more. ... See MoreSee Less