Kirklees Council has announced that all outdoor gatherings are required to follow a set of government guidelines.
Planning large outdoor gatherings and events must first go through the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) process.
Organisers need to provide a detailed risk assessment of the event and a plan for the day.
The documentation provided will then go before the Safety Advisory Group before permission is given – a government-mandated condition.
Both outdoor and indoor gatherings or events organised by a business, charity, public body will be subject to complying with COVID Secure guidance.
This includes taking reasonable steps to limit the risk of transmission, complete a related risk assessment, and ensure that those attending do not mix beyond what is permitted by the social contact limits.
Outdoor events included but limited to:
- Air Shows
- Agricultural Shows (including town and country shows)
- Carnivals, Funfairs, fetes, steam rallies and Community Fairs
- Car boot sales
- Display and Performing Arts including Street Art Events
- Firework Displays
- Flower Shows and Gardening Events
- Historical re-enactment events
- Literature Fairs/festivals
- Pet and Animal Shows
- Some music concerts
- Outdoor theatres and performing arts
Any information, plans and risk assessment should be sent to the SAG team direct; they will also advise on all things SAG related. SAG@kirklees.gov.uk