By KLTV Newsdesk –
The line-up of panellists for the Kirklees Diversity, Equality and Innovation Showcase has been announced with representatives from private, public and the third sector.
The conference is for people interested in diversity, equality and innovation in organisations or the community with a focus on sharing ideas and best practise. The aim of the showcase is to give people fresh inspiration, energy, and ideas on how to create a culture in their workplace where everyone belongs.
The conference will take place at Kirklees College on the morning of Wednesday, September 21, followed in the afternoon by the Kirklees Diversity, Equality and Innovation Awards at the same venue.
The shortlist for the awards can be viewed here https://huddersfieldhub.co.uk/judges-reveal-finalists-for-kirklees-diversity-equality-and-innovation-awards-2022/
Topics for the conference will include effective leadership, attracting the best talent and how equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging improves productivity.
The conference and awards have been organised by the Kirklees Diversity = Innovation Network, Kirklees Council, Kirklees College, Kirklees Active Leisure, Syngenta, Cummins and Haddletons business and legal services.
The event will be hosted by Andy Hirst, journalist and director of Huddersfield-based AH! PR.
There will be two discussion panels in the morning and the panellists taking part are:
- Clr Shabir Pandor, Leader of Kirklees Council
- Milton Brown, chief executive at Kirklees Local TV
- Ruben Alejandro Ramirez, Group Head Diversity and Inclusion at Syngenta
- Claire Paxman, Brand Ambassador and Director of Global Training at Paxman
- Suhaila Gayatiri Binti Abdullah, Integration and Positive Change Manager at Destitute Asylum Seekers Huddersfield ( DASH)
- Polly Harrow, Assistant Principal Student Experience at Kirklees College
- Amanda Matthews, Assistant Human Resources Manager at Kirklees Active Leisure
- Hugh Goulbourne, Senior Associate at Haddletons legal and business services
- Evy Meirhaeghe, Diversity Relations Manager at Cummins
- Danny Benton, Head of People and Organisational Development at Huddersfield University
- Rachel Spencer-Henshall, Director of Public Health at Kirklees Council
- Kathy Morris, Manager for Culture and Learning Development at Paxman
Kirklees leader Clr Shabir Pandor said: “This year’s Kirklees Diversity, Equality and Innovation Awards Ceremony is just around the corner and I’m thrilled to see such an excellent line-up of panellists at this year’s event.
“The experience, knowledge, and passion of the individuals mean that those attending, along with those watching from home, are guaranteed to come away feeling inspired.
“I’d like to once again thank everyone who submitted a nomination to this year’s awards ceremony and to everyone who has supported it in some way.
“There is exceptional work taking place in Kirklees to harness the power of diversity and next month’s event allows us the opportunity to celebrate this work and the incredible people who deliver it.”
Tickets are free and can be applied for on the event website www.kirkleesdiversityandinnovation.com as a virtual or in-person ticket.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Check out this short film below for additional information about the event: