By KLTV Newsdesk –
Alongside their recent call for Street Performers, Huddersfield Business Improvement District (BID) is looking to commission local artists and designers for a series of projects to promote Huddersfield’s rich cultural heritage.
One of Huddersfield BID’s key objectives is promoting a lively, attractive and safe town centre. Their intention is to do this through the power of art, creativity, or any other ways in which connections want to suggest.
Huddersfield BID is looking for commissions to explore and celebrate at least one of the factors which are suggested below:
- A celebration of Huddersfield’s rich heritage in a unique format, or a celebration of Huddersfield’s distinct cultural offerings.
- A journey between Huddersfield’s industrial heritage to present-day in a digitally creative manner.
- A nod of the cap to difficult times of the pandemic and 2020 while promoting a vision of better times ahead.
The aim is for the commissions to be impactful, increase perceptions, provide a community focal point, and increase awareness and footfall to Huddersfield Town Centre.
Huddersfield BID has outlined a set budget which will be shared with interested parties, and they hope to deliver as much impact throughout the town centre as possible. Match funding grants may also be explored for bigger budgets.
There are a number of locations that BID have in mind, which include former shop fronts, building walls, and even the railway tunnel ventilation shaft off Springwood St.
Details of locations can be found in a downloadable PDF here. The BID team are also more than open to suggested sites/locations.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is 6 March 2021.
In submitting their applications, artists will have to:
- Outline their chosen proposal with draft designs and description
- Outline their chosen location
- Outline full costs involved and a brief timeline of the works
- Provide evidence of the relevant insurances and statutory obligations
The commissions are likely to be awarded in late March 2021 and hoped to be delivered in the early-mid summer of 2021.
To learn more and apply, email Huddersfield BID at email@example.com. Best of luck to all applicants!