By Leah Conway –
A taxi driver support grant for those working throughout the Covid-19 pandemic is now available. For information on support for businesses and the self-employed, you can read our article on the Covid-19 Discretionary Grant Scheme click here for more information.
Support Grant Eligibility:
To apply to the support grant a taxi driver must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a valid taxi driver’s licence issued by Kirklees council
- You must currently be working as a taxi driver before 5 Novemeber 2020 and continue
- Applicants need to be living in Kirklees.
Support Grant Exclusions:
The following will exclude you from eligibility of applying to the grant:
- Taxi drivers who have a licence issued by another local authority
- Taxi drivers who do not live in the Kirklees Council area.
How to apply:
You can apply for the support grant online. The online form takes around 5 minutes to complete but make sure you have the following information at hand:
- A Hackney Carriage and/or private hire driver badge number
- The vehicle registration number of your taxi.
- National Insurance number
- Driving licence Number
- Your bank details of the account you use for your business.
You also need supporting documents for your application for the support grant. Supporting documents includes things like bank account statements and driving licence.
If you cannot complete the online form you can apply by contacting Kirklees Council on the following email:email@example.com
You can access the form online on Kirklees Councils website here.